The Dreaded Pop Quiz II
An old teaching friend read the above and sent me the following.
THE NEW REVISED – UNIVERSITY OF WHERE-EVER
COLLEGE ATHLETIC ENTRANCE EXAM
Time limit: 3 weeks
1. What language other than United States is spoken in France?
2. Give a short dissertation on the Ancient Babylonian Empire with particular reference to architecture, literature, law and social conditions – or give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.
3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to:
a. build a bridge
b. sail an ocean
c. lead an army
d. write a play
e. throw a javelin in the Olympics
4. What religion is the pope.
Please check only one.
5. Metric conversion --- how many feet are in 0.0 meters?
6. What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 12? In fact both of the hands are on 12.
7. Within ten, how many commandments was Moses given? (Approx)
8. What are the people in America’s far north called?
9. Spell the names of the following presidents: Bush – Clinton – Obama - Trump
10. Six kings of England have been called George, the last one being called George the Sixth. Please name the previous king.
11. Where does the rain come from?
d. THE SKY!
12. Can you explain Einstein’s Theory of Relativity?
13. What are coat hangers used for?
14. The Star Spangled Banner is the national anthem for what country?
15. Explain Le Chateliers principle of Dynamic equilibrium OR
spell your name in block letters.
16. Where is the basement in a story building located?
17. Which part of America produces the most oranges?
a. New York
18. If you have 3 apples, how many apples do you have?
19. What does NBC (national broadcasting co.) stand for?
Extra credit Home Box Office is known by what initials?
20. Many Asians come from what continent?
A minimum of three questions must be answered correctly in order to gain admittance.